You can say goodbye to uncomfortable, ugly metal braces forever with invisible braces from Invisalign! This technologically advanced orthodontic system uses clear aligners to move teeth gently, in small increments. Dr. Richard Bernstein is trained in the Invisalign system, and approaches straightening teeth with the same precision, and artisan skill he uses in smile design.
Most Invisalign cases take 12 to 24 months to achieve optimal results. The time frame is comparable to metal braces. The difference lies in the comfort and inconspicuous nature of Invisalign.
WHAT DOES TREATMENT INVOLVE?
- Change aligner trays every two weeks.
- You should visit Dr. Bernstein for a check-up every six weeks. Alterations can be made to the treatment plan, if needed.
- Wear your aligners at least 22 hours every day. They are meant to be removed only for oral hygiene, and while eating.
- Clean your teeth well after every meal.
- Follow any instructions that Dr. Bernstein gives you.
When treatment is complete, if the results are not satisfactory, a few additional trays may be needed. Once your smile is flawlessly straight, be sure to wear your retainer every night. If you don’t, a follow up treatment may be needed.
THE INVISALIGN ADVANTAGE
Like many dental procedures, the first step is taking x-rays, photos, and impressions. However, this is where the similarities stop. This system uses sophisticated software and technologically advanced laboratory facilities to provide a truly cosmetic way to straighten teeth.
- Your information is sent to the Invisalign laboratory, where it is digitized.
- Dr. Bernstein works with three-dimensional images, showing precision tooth movements.
- He can see, and show you, the expected result in detail before treatment begins.
- In a computerized manufacturing process, your aligners are fabricated according to his specifications.
This continually evolving technology now offers several attachments, which can be used for specific tooth movements. A tooth can be rotated, tipped, moved left or right. Most bite and jaw alignment issues can now be corrected with Invisalign. Nearly any problem that can be corrected with traditional metal braces can be corrected with comfortable and aesthetic Invisalign. Therefore, as a dedicated cosmetic dentist, Dr. Bernstein does not use metal orthodontics.
Now you can straighten your smile, without discomfort and embarrassment! Call or email Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S. today, and ask about our invisible braces.